- BC Games
Health Care Auxilliary pledges more than $800,000 for equipment
The Cranbrook Health Care Auxiliary is pleased to announce that they have pledged $814,922 for equipment for the East Kootenay Regional Hospital. The membership passed a motion at their AGM on February 6th to purchase the following pieces of equipment:
1) Digital Mammography Campaign - $250,000 pledged
2) Portable Ultrasound - to be used in the Oncology Unit.
3) Ultrasound - to be used in the Emergency Department.
4) Mini-C-arm - an imagining tool to be used in surgery, particularly in orthopedics to add portability, patient comfort, and improved visualization for doctors.
5) Slim Colonoscope - to be used in Ambulatory for patients with smaller anatomy.
6) Two Ventilators - a life saving machine to be used in the ICU and ER for breathing problems.
7) Four Acute Care beds - to be shared throughout the hospital
8) Hysteroscope - an endoscope used for the inspection of the uterine cavity
9) Ureteroscope - an endoscope used for examining urinary track system to find kidney stones.
10) Gyne Stretcher - to be used in Ambulatory to transport patients and versatility with positioning.
11) Basic Fusion Navigation set - an addition to the guided imaging system used to view and clear sinuses.
The 265 members of the CHCA work hard to provide dollars for hospital equipment, In-Hospital services and Interior Health Care Programs. The 8th Avenue Thrift Store provides most of the funds with help from the Hospital Gift Shop and various fundraising events such as the Fashion Show and the Tim Horton’s Cookie Campaign. We are pleased to provide the regional hospital with funds to continue to purchase leading edge medical equipment allowing patients to stay in the East Kootenay area for their care.
The Auxiliary would like to honour Ethel Zentner, past member for her generous bequest to the auxiliary, which allowed us to make such a generous pledge for 2012.
The Auxiliary thanks all of those in our community who support the Thrift Store with donations and purchases, the Gift Shop and our other fundraising events.